Winter Spiced Pumpkin Juice Recipe
Winter Juice Recipe
Winter Spiced Orange Juice
QTY: 1000 ml
Time: 3 minutesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
Winter is the perfect time to add a bit of spice to a juice recipe. Here I have added some warming spices like cinnamon, cloves, and ginger, simmered over low heat to infuse the flavours.Drinking this juice recipe warm feels very nurturing and comforting. The texture is creamy and smooth and the taste is sweet with a little peppery bitterness from the spices.
- 5 oranges
- 1 wedge pumpkin
- 1 2cm ginger piece
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 1 pinch star anise
- 1 pinch cloves
- 1 pinch black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Remove the orange skin leaving as much white pith as possible
- Juice whole or cut in half if too big to fit into the wide chute
- Remove skin and seeds
- Dice into large chunks
- Cut off a 5cm thick piece
- Cut into thin slices leaving the skin on
- Cut slices into small pieces
- Small Saucepan
- Mesh Strainer
- Prepare all the ingredients ready for juicing
Make The Juice
- First, add the pumpkin chunks to the juicer one at a time then add the ginger.
- Next, add the oranges taking your time letting the juicer press each orange through before adding more.
- Finish by closing the cap on the juicer and pouring 1/2 cup of water into the chute. Let it rinse the juicer for 30 secs before opening the cap and releasing the water into the juice.
Heat and add spices
- In a small saucepan over high heat combine the juice with cinnamon, star anise, clove, peppercorns and maple syrup.
- Bring to the boil, stirring frequently, and then lower the heat. Simmer for 5 minutes before removing the pan from the heat. Cover with a lid and steep for an additional 10 minutes.
Strain and serve
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer and pour into mugs or glass jars. Refrigerate if not used immediately.
- Tip: if not drinking warm you can serve chilled mixed with mineral or soda water in a 1:3 ratio of juice to sparkling water poured over ice.
More Winter Juice Recipes
Juice by Category