Winter Juice Recipe
QTY: 450 ml
Time: 5 minutesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
Vichyssoise is a French soup made from leeks, onions, potatoes and cream. It is traditionally served cold so I thought why not make it as a dinner juice and get all the benefits of the raw ingredients, which is what cold press juicing is all about right?I really like the flavour of this recipe. It is even better cold the next day straight from the fridge. The taste is creamy, pungent and slightly sweet and nutty. The added salt and spring onion garnish helps bring out the ingredients and taste.
- 1 cup cashews soaked
- 1/2 cup oat mylk
- 2 potatoes dutch cream
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 1/2 leek white part only
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp spring onion (optional garnish)
- Place nuts in a small bowl and cover with water
- Allow to soak for 4 hrs or overnight
- You can use hot water and soak them for 1 hour
- Peel and wash clean
- Cut into small pieces to fit in the wide chute
- Remove leaves
- Break apart into pieces
- Chop up the stem and juice
- Roughly chop the white part into small chunks
- Close the cap when making this juice recipe.
- Make the cashew nut cream first by adding 1/2 the soaked cashew nuts followed by half the oat mylk. Repeat adding the remaining cashew nuts and mylk to the juicer.
- Next add the potato chunks one piece at a time.
- Pop all the leek pieces into the chute at once then add the cauliflower pieces one at a time letting the juicer press and mix everything together.
- Open the cap and release the juice.
- Add the sea salt and garnish if using.
More Winter Juice Recipes
Juice by Category