Nut Mylk Recipe
QTY: 1000 ml
Time: 5 minutesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
Merry Christmas to everyone, I wish you all a safe, happy holidays.This weeks recipe is an incredibly rich, creamy, vegan eggnog that is so easy to make and perfect for the Christmas holidays. It requires you to use a cold press juicer and blender to mix all the ingredients to together. I call it a Juice & Blend recipe.
- 1 cup almonds soaked
- 1 cup cashew nuts soaked
- 4 cups water filtered
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamon (optional)
Almonds & Cashew nuts (8 hours)
- place nuts in a bowl and cover with cold water
- soak overnight, drain and rinse well before juicing
- Place the Almonds and Cashew Nuts in a bowl and cover with cold water. Soak overnight, drain the water and rinse well before juicing.
- Tip 1: you can soak nuts for up to 72 hours (so, don't stress if you leave them soaking)Tip 2: if you forgot to soak the nuts overnight you can use hot water and soak them for 1 hour
Cold Press Juicer
- Juice the nuts with fresh filtered water.
- Close the cap of the juicer. Place 1/2 a cup of the nuts in the juicer and add 1 cup of water. Release the cap to let the mylk out. Repeat until all the nuts and water have been juiced.
- In a high speed blender combine the almond and cashew nut mylk you made in step 1 with the coconut milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract and cardamon (optional).
- Blend on high until smooth. I used the Kuvings Vacuum Blender and pressed the automatic vacuum and blend button for the perfect blend.
- For serving enjoy immediately dusted with cinnamon. You can serve it chilled over ice or even heat it over medium heat until warm and serve.
- Optionally you can add 15ml of brandy or bourbon to each 250ml cup of eggnog for a little more festive cheer.
- Tip: Any remaining eggnog can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze into ice cube and store for 1 month. Shake well before serving.
- Tip: You can also use this eggnog as a based for making a turmeric or matcha latte.
Serving: 250mlCalories: 1686kcal
More Nut Mylk Recipes
Juice by Category