TLC (tomato, lettuce, cucumber)
Spring Juice Recipe
QTY: 500 ml
Time: 5 minutesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
Tomato lettuce cucumber with some lemon, basil and sea salt makes a tasty spring salad so I thought why not try it as a juice.This juice has a smooth thick texture with an enjoyable salty, savoury flavour and a fresh herb aroma from the basil.
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1/2 lettuce
- 1 cucumber
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Remove the green stems
- Juice whole
- Cut into half and then into quarters and then into eighths
- Juice in small pieces
- Cut into chunks to fit down the chute
- Juice with skin on
- Chop into small thumb size pieces across the stalks (this shortens the long stringy cellulose fibre and stops it from wrapping around the press)
- You can juice celery leaves, however, it will add bitterness, so discard if you don’t like this
- Remove the leaves from the stalk
- Remove stickers and cut off any hard end points
- Slice lemons into rounds with skin on to give more flavour and get more juice from each lemon.
- Start making this juice recipe with lettuce, add in handfuls at a time followed by the basil. It is always best to add the lightest ingredients first.
- Next, add the cucumber chunks and let them fully press through the juicer.
- Add the tomatoes one at a time and allow the juicer to run for 30 seconds after adding the last tomato.
- Add all the chopped celery and finish with the lemon slices.
- Mix the sea salt into the jug after juicing has finished.
Calories: 94kcalSaturated Fat: -2g
More Spring Juice Recipes
Juice by Category