Winter Juice Recipe
QTY: 700 ml
Time: 5 minutesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
Root vegetables make the perfect juices during winter. The vibrant colours help you get through the dark grey winter.This juice recipe has lots of texture to it. The flavour is complex and sophisticated like a good wine. It is earthy and sweet with a hint of bitterness from the broccoli.
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 beetroot
- 2 apples golden delicious
- 1 broccoli head & stem
- Cut in half and then into quarters
- Slice each half into thin slices to make it easier to press.
- Juice with skin on (you can also juice the leaves and stems if you have them).
- Cut carrots lengthwise
- Juice with skin on
- Note: If larger carrots are used cut lengthwise again, into quarters
- Cut in half then into thin slices
- Juice with the skin on
- Cut off the stem
- Cut the stem into quarters lengthwise
- Break the florets up into small chunks to fit into the wide chute
- Remove the stems and remove any stickers
- Juice apples whole with skin and seeds.
- Cut in half or quarters if too big to fit into the wide chute.
- Start making this juice with the beetroot slices this way you get all the other ingredients mixing through the beetroot fibres.
- Next, add the carrots one half at a time and let the juice press push the entire carrot through before adding the next piece.
- Next, add the sweet potato. They juice easily just put afew in at a time.
- Now add the broccoli stems followed by the florets.
- Finish making this juice with the apples adding them to the juicer one whole apple at a time.
- Tip: Make sure you prepare the root vegetable correctly when using a cold press juicer and take your time allowing the juicer to press them through without over loading the machine.
More Winter Juice Recipes
Juice by Category