Cardiovascular System Juice Recipe
QTY: 2 people
Time: 4 minutesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
I do love it when plums come into season. There are so many varieties, colours and flavours to choose from. In this recipe I wanted red flesh plums to go with the red grapefruits and red apples, hence the name of the juice recipe, but you can use whatever variety of plums you have available.There is a nice bittersweet flavour to this juice which is perfect for heart health and blood flow.The texture is also thick and creamy from all the soluble fibre extracted when using a cold press juicer.
- 6 Plums
- 1 Ruby Red Grapefruit
- 2 Red Apples
- Cut either side of the stone in two halves
- Trim extra flesh around the stone
- Juice with skin on
- Remove the stems and remove any stickers
- Juice apples whole with skin and seeds.
- Cut in half or quarters if too big to fit into the wide chute.
- Remove the outer skin keeping as much white pith as possible
- Cut into halves or quarters to fit into the wide chute
- As always when juicing stone fruit take extra care to remove the stones from the plums before juicing.
- It is best to start with juicing the soft plum first. They juice really easy so you can continue to add them in half by half.
- Next juice the grapefruit. I added one quarter at a time and wait for the juicer to press them through before adding the next piece.
- Finish making this juice recipe with the whole apples. My apples were a good size but still easily fit into the wide chute without needing to cut them.
- Tip: Look for plums that are firm and plump without wrinkled skin. You can keep unripe plums at room temperature for up to one week. Once ripe, store in the fridge for up to five days.
Serving: 700mlCalories: 355kcal
More Cardiovascular System Juice Recipes
Juice by Category