Digestive System Juice Recipe
QTY: 1200 ml
Time: 10 minutesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
This juice recipe is great for the digestive system. Just take a look at the image of the cut purple cabbage above and you will see that nature herself agrees with me as it looks just like our small intestines.The juice is light and easy to drink. The flavour is deep and peppery but quite sweet. It is earthy and taste delicious.
- 4 carrots
- 1/2 purple cabbage
- 4 stalks celery
- 2 red apples
- Cut into slices about 5cm wide
- Chop into pieces small enough to fit down the chute
- Cut carrots lengthwise once
- If larger carrots are used cut again lengthwise
- Chop into small thumb size pieces across the stalks (this shortens the long stringy cellulose fibre and stops it wrapping around the press)
- You can juice celery leaves, however it will add bitterness, so discard if you don’t like this
- Remove the stems and remove any stickers
- Juice apples whole with skin and seeds.
- Cut in half or quarters if too big to fit into the wide chute.
- Take your time making this juice as the vegetables are very fibrous and require more pressing time.
- I started with the carrots. Add one half at a time letting the juicer press each half through before adding more.
- Next juice the cabbage. Just like carrots, let the machine do the work.
- Add each of the whole apples next
- Finish with the celery adding one handful at a time.
More Digestive System Juice Recipes
Juice by Category