First Aid Juice Recipe
QTY: 500 ml
Time: 5 minutesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
The next time you get cold-like symptoms, take advantage of the tasty and soothing powers of pineapple and try making your own natural cough syrup.The juice recipe is warmed slightly on the stove and I have to say drinking this juice feels like a massive hug from mother nature herself.I do like to use raw Manuka honey for its added soothing properties. We stock Waradaa Manuka honey 100% Australian made and certified Manuka.
- 1/2 pineapple
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp Manuka honey
- Slice off the outer skin
- Cut into long thin strips to fit down the chute
- Chop the core into small chunks
- Remove stickers and cut off any hard end points
- Slice lemons into rounds with skin on to give more flavour and get more juice from each lemon.
- Start with the pineapple strips.
- Add them one at a time letting each strip press through before adding the next.
- Add the pineapple core chunks 3 or 4 pieces at a time.
- Finish making the juice by adding all the lemon slices at the same time.
- Next, gently heat the juice in a saucepan over medium heat until just above body temperature, approx. 1 minute. Use your finger to test the heat. Don't let the juice boil as it will reduce the nutritional components.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the Manuka honey before serving
- Drink immediately.
More First Aid Juice Recipes
Juice by Category