Juice Shot Recipe
- 1 grapefruit (ruby red)
- Remove the outer skin keeping as much white pith as possible
- Cut into halves or quarters to fit into the wide chute
- To collect the maximum juice close the cap and start with the juice jug under the pulp outlet. The first piece you place into the juicer will have some juice come through the pulp outlet and we want to catch that extra juice.
- Once pulp starts coming through move the juice jug back under the cap and put the pulp jug in place to catch the pulp.
- Add the remaining pieces and release the smart cap to let the juice out.
- I find if you cut the grapefruit into 4 quarters then each piece will push through the juicer nice and easy.
- Tip: select grapefruits that are heavy for their size, it's an indication of juiciness.
There is more to every fruit, vegetable and leafy green than taste and flavour. Each one has a unique signature or a "sign from nature" indicating what part of the human body its nutrition targets. The light or the colour of fruits and vegetables can help us heal emotionally (think colour therapy) and the lessons the fruits, vegetables and leafy greens learn when growing get passed onto us, to help us, when we consume them.
Signature: heart, and blood
Colour: red, builds trust and confidence
Lesson: flow and patience
- strong anti-viral and anti-bacterial
- boost immune system
- lower LDL cholesterol and triglycerides
- arthritis, joint pain
- dislodge plaque build up in arteries
- packed with electrolytes
- contains naringin which prevents the metastasis of melanoma
More Juice Shot Recipes
Juice by Category