Breakfast Juice Recipe
- 1 5cm Turmeric
- 5 Golden Delicious Apples
- 2 Grapefruits
- Cut off a 5cm thick piece
- Cut into thin slices leaving the skin on
- Remove the stems and remove any stickers
- Juice apples whole with skin and seeds.
- Cut in half or quarters if too big to fit into the wide chute.
- Remove the outer skin keeping as much white pith as possible
- Cut into halves or quarters to fit into the wide chute
- I want to extract the maximum nutrients from the turmeric, so start making this juice by putting the thin slices of turmeric into the juicer first.
- Next juice the apples whole.
- Finish with the grapefruit quarters. The citrus juice will push all the ingredients and flavour through the strainer into the juice.
- Tip: Make sure you keep the white pith on as the grapefruit pectin can lower cholesterol. Grapefruit pectin also strengthens blood vessels and capillaries.
There is more to every fruit, vegetable and leafy green than taste and flavour. Each one has a unique signature or a "sign from nature" indicating what part of the human body its nutrition targets. The light or the colour of fruits and vegetables can help us heal emotionally (think colour therapy) and the lessons the fruits, vegetables and leafy greens learn when growing get passed onto us, to help us, when we consume them.
Signature: human body
Colour: yellow, builds a sense of wonder and strengthens will power
Lessons: reconnect, open up
- cushions joints
- improve lung capacity
- protects your heart
- slows aging process
- transmutes mercury
Signature: liver and plaque remover
Colour: orange/yellow, releases molecular
deposits of a broken heart
Lesson: self worth, calming
- reduce imflammatory conditions
- lowers cholesterol
- prevent melanoma skin cancer
- protect liver from toxins
Signature: breasts, heart & blood
Colour: yellow, releases toxins deposited in the nervous system
Lessons: flow, patience
- high blood pressure
- sluggish liver and gallstones
Grapefruit is good for those suffering from high blood pressure, sluggish liver, gallstones, arthritis, obesity, ailments of the respiratory tract, and the digestive system. Grapefruit juice eases constipation and improves digestion by increasing the flow of gastric juices.
Grapefruit juice also helps reduce fever and soothes coughs and sore throats. Consumed at night, grapefruit juice promotes sleep and alleviates insomnia.
Turmeric is truly one of the marvelous medicinal spices of the world. Its main active ingredient is curcumin, which gives turmeric its intense cadmium golden color.
Curcumin in turmeric has been shown that it can help prevent HIV from multiplying, it clears inflammation, it can inhibit blood vessel growth in tumors, and of course tumors without blood vessels can not grow.
More Breakfast Juice Recipes
Juice by Category