Detox Juice Recipe
- 1 bunch celery
- Break off each of the stalks from the base (discard the base)
- Rinse the stalks under running water and wipe clean with a paper towel
- Chop the stalks into small thumb size pieces across the ribs (this shortens the long stringy cellulose fibre and stops it from wrapping around the press)
- You can juice celery leaves, however, it will add bitterness, so discard if you don’t like this flavour
- Making celery juice in a cold press juicer is the best method for this herbal extraction. A good cold press juicer will maximize the amount of juice extracted and minimize any oxidation typically seen from fast-spinning metal blades in a traditional juicer.
- Start by adding one large handful of chopped celery to the wide juicer chute.
- Allow the celery to press through before adding the next handful.
- You rarely need the pusher when you take your time and allow the cold press juicer to do the work.
- Tip: look for celery bunches with the widest stalks and the most stalks still attached to get maximum juice. $3 or $4 a day for two people is a small cost for the incredible benefits of drinking this herbal extract.
More Detox Juice Recipes
Celery is technically a herb however we eat it and cook it like a vegetable.
When drinking plain celery juice, without any other fruits or vegetables added, I like to think of it as a herbal extraction. It can be very useful to help flush toxins from the liver, disperse fats in the bloodstream, and help improve blood flow.
Celery juice is very alkalising in the body, which is extremely important after a good workout to help flush lactic acid from the body.
Celery juice is something I drink every day and have done since 2019.
When I get up in the morning I grab a large glass (500ml) of filtered water and squeeze half a lemon into the water. The lemon juice energizes the water in the same way nature energizes a natural flowing spring. I drink it down and wait 20 mins for it to flood my bowels and hydrate my entire body.
While I am waiting I juice a whole bunch of celery which easily makes enough juice for my wife and me to drink at least 500ml each.
This means I am getting over 1 litre of nature-made, fresh, living water into my cells to start the day before consuming anything else. Following this morning cleansing routine has personally help me heal liver, bowel and other digestive issues.
I recommend you try it for at least 2 weeks, and if you can aim for 1 month, or do as I have done and make it part of your daily, morning routine.
If you want to learn about the amazing benefits of drinking celery juice I highly recommend Anthony William’s book titled Celery Juice.
In the beginning, I highly recommend you don’t juice the leaves as they are bitter and you won’t enjoy the juice.
I also recommend in the beginning you are near a bathroom because as the bowels get hydrated they will want to move… and quickly!!!
There is more to every fruit, vegetable and leafy green than taste and flavour. Each one has a unique signature or a "sign from nature" indicating what part of the human body its nutrition targets. The light or the colour of fruits and vegetables can help us heal emotionally (think colour therapy) and the lessons the fruits, vegetables and leafy greens learn when growing get passed onto us, to help us, when we consume them.
Colour: green, builds pride and self-control
Lessons: calming, simplifying and embracing balance
- bone minerals
- fights autoimmune disease
- flushes out Strep bacteria
- assist with acid reflux
- kills Epstein-Barr & Shingles virus
- raise hydrochloric acid levels
- improve brain function
- restores adrenal fatigue
- flushes out liver toxins
- reduces liver heat