Spring Juice Recipe
- 4 apples
- 4 golden kiwi
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- Remove the stems and remove any stickers
- Juice apples whole with skin and seeds.
- Cut in half or quarters if too big to fit into the wide chute.
- Juice kiwi fruits whole with skin on
- Remove the orange skin leaving as much white pith as possible
- Juice whole or cut in half if too big to fit into the wide chute
- Remove stickers and cut off any hard end points
- Slice lemons into rounds with skin on to give more flavour and get more juice from each lemon.
- This juice is as easy to make as it is to prepare.
- Start with the apples, adding them in whole one at a time. Same with the golden kiwi fruits, just drop them in whole and let the juicer press them through.
- Next I added the whole oranges and finished with the lemon slices.
- Tip: Kiwi fruit should be left on the counter to ripen until they yield under gentle pressure, like a ripe mango or avocado. If they are too soft they will turn to mush when pressed in the juicer.
There is more to every fruit, vegetable and leafy green than taste and flavour. Each one has a unique signature or a "sign from nature" indicating what part of the human body its nutrition targets. The light or the colour of fruits and vegetables can help us heal emotionally (think colour therapy) and the lessons the fruits, vegetables and leafy greens learn when growing get passed onto us, to help us, when we consume them.
Signature: human body
Colour: red, power, trust and confidence
Lessons: protection, hope
- cushions joints
- improve lung capacity
- protects your heart
- slows aging process
Signature: blood flow to eyes
Colour: green, builds personal power
Lesson: connect to the vastness of universe, feed your enthusiasm
- blood thinning alternative to aspirin
- rich source of lutein to reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease
- good source of omega-3
- helps high blood pressure
Signature: breast cells
Colour: orange, builds joy and curiosity
Lesson: second chance, warmth
- combat cancer
- protect your heart
- strengthen respiratory system
- support immune system
- high in bioactive calcium
- high in glutathione for eye health
Signature: liver & deplaquer
Colour: yellow, releases despair and helplessness
Lessons: lighten your heart, self-protectiveness
- potent detoxifier
- improve liver function
- remove old drug residues
- increase kidney vitality
More Spring Juice Recipes
Juice by Category