Autumn Juice Recipe
QTY: 500 ml
Time: 5 minutesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
I know what you are thinking... Brussel sprouts and broccoli. Not on my watch. Wait before you say no read about the health benefits first and maybe you might reconsider making this juice... at least every now and then?Yes, it is a health drink, but I was surprised at how distinctive and tasty the flavour was. There is a nutty bitterness that is enjoyable with a very slight sweetness, and a melon like flavour from the cucumber.
- 1 head broccoli
- 20 brussel sprouts
- 2 cucumbers
- Cut down the stem lengthwise
- Break off any wider florets to fit into the wide chute
- You may need to cut the stem smaller to fit the chute
- Juice whole
- If using larger ones cut in half
- Cut into chunks to fit down the chute
- Juice with skin on
- I started with the broccoli. Add the stems one at a time letting the juicer press them through before adding any of the florets.
- Next add the brussel sprouts. Go slow here adding one at a time.
- The juicer will make a loud squealing noise as it presses each of the brussels sprout through. Don't worry its perfectly okay. If you do add them too fast the machine will stop running and you will need to put it into reverse for a second or two before continuing to juice.
- Finish making this juice with the cucumber pieces. I add 2 or 3 pieces at a time and let them press through before adding more.
More Autumn Juice Recipes
Juice by Category