Summer Juice Recipe
- 6 apricots
- 2 nectarines
- 1 punnet strawberries
- 250 ml coconut water
- Cut in half and remove the large seed from the centre of the fruit
- Remove any wooden stems at the top
- Juice with skin on
- Slice down either side of the large cling stone to get two halves
- Lay the middle section flat and cut off any remaining flesh
- Juice with skin on
- Juice whole
- You can pull off the small green leaves if you prefer
- Start the cap closed on the juicer.
- Add the strawberries into the wide chute one handful at a time.
- Next add the Nectarine pieces. Go slow when adding them to allow the press to push all the flesh through.
- Next add the apricot halves. You can add a couple at a time letting the machine squeeze and press before adding more.
- Open the cap to release the juice and then close it again.
- Pour the coconut water into the juicer and let it rinse the bowl before opening the cap and letting the water out into the juice.
- Tip: buy firm apricots and nectarines as they will press better in the cold pressed juicer. You can just mix the coconut water into the juice if you don't want to run it through the juicer.
There is more to every fruit, vegetable and leafy green than taste and flavour. Each one has a unique signature or a "sign from nature" indicating what part of the human body its nutrition targets. The light or the colour of fruits and vegetables can help us heal emotionally (think colour therapy) and the lessons the fruits, vegetables and leafy greens learn when growing get passed onto us, to help us, when we consume them.
Signature: liver, skin
Colour: orange, builds joy and curiosity
Lesson: to be kindhearted, open up more
- Prostate and breast cancer prevention
- Control blood pressure
- Save your eyesight
- High in amino acids cysteine and glutamine
- Shields against Alzheimer’s
- Boost red blood cells
Signature: heart, muscles & skin
Colour: yellow and white
- reproductive issues
- hydrate at the cellular level
- high in fibre
- assist bone development
- support immune system
Signature: heart rhythm and muscle
Colour: red, builds trust and confidence
Lesson: abundance, enough for everyone
- high in phenols which act as an anti-inflammatory
- boost immune system
- aid macular degeneration
- contain ellagic acid for heart health
- lower cholesterol
Coconut water is a highly nutritious, cleansing, and refreshing juice that is packed with B-complex vitamins and minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, and manganese.
Coconut water is one of the highest sources of electrolytes known. It’s a natural isotonic beverage with the same level of electrolytic balance that we have in our blood.
It’s bioactive enzymes help to significantly support digestion and metabolism.
Coconut water is highly beneficial for cardiovascular health as it can help to reduce blood pressure and increase healthy circulation.
More Summer Juice Recipes
Juice by Category